Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Parrot Forum Youtube Channel Idea

A place for forum members to participate in collaborative video projects about parrots for the web.

Re: Parrot Forum Youtube Channel Idea

Postby Giantmoa » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:31 pm

I'll be a faithful viewer ;) I don't think I could take any legit roles right now since I'm finding that I'll be pretty swamped junior year of high school (it was the first day of school today, fun...) I could submit some video though, of course I'd have to amp up the quality way up of what I do now (ha!) this is a really cool idea, sorry I'm not much help...
:gcc: Rainbow
Giantmoa
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
Flight: No

Postby zazanomore » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:45 am

I could contribute by sending in some videos :)
Bonnie - :budgie2:
Clyde - :budgie:
Einstein - :greycockatiel:
Alyssa - :thumbsup:
zazanomore
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels
Budgies
Flight: Yes

Postby Rueae » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:44 pm

I see this thread is a quite old, but it's the first time my eyes have beheld it. It sounds like an amazing idea.
Is there a forum youtube community that I have neglected to see and subscribe to?
A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
Rueae
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Postby Michael » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:02 pm

We've never managed to get enough interest to get this up. If there is a rekindled interest, especially from newer members, let me know. There's gotta be at least 5-10 people that can contribute to the project to make it work. Not enough volunteers so far.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby skeetersunconure » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:09 pm

I might be able to do some videos but im not too good at editing or anything but if you needed something me and skeeter would try to help!
skeetersunconure
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure

Postby Rueae » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:07 am

It's such an amazing idea. I would definitely contribute if I could, but I have no skills that would be of value to the project by way of editing or leadership and currently no parrot...
It is such a shame though, I wish I could be of more help to get it off the ground so to speak. All I have is great interest. D:
A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
Rueae
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Postby GlassOnion » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:48 am

I'd be down to be a part of this! What exactly does the YouTube channel maintainer do? Is that spot taken?
Also, what does anyone think about a short intro song or any sort of sound edits?
I do go to school to be a sound designer for visual media..
GlassOnion
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels, Ruppell's Parorot

Postby Rinnith » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:41 am

I am defiantly able to get some videos to you guys. I am not tech savy so I may need help on how to get them to you...
I would love to help, please tell me if I can help, and what you would need from me. thank you I am very excited! :sun: :greycockatiel:
1 Sun conure Lyrick
1 cockatiel Louie
1 Solomon Island Eclectus Jolene
Rinnith
Parakeet

Types of Birds Owned: Sun Conure
cockatiel
Solomon Island ekkie

Postby Michael » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:44 am

Ok seeing that there is rekindled interest, I can try to see if we can organize this again.

A quick reminder, the purpose of a community youtube channel would be to post collaborative youtube videos with different members and their parrots in the same video. The purpose and plot of each video would vary. It could be anything from each person demonstrating how their parrot steps up to a holiday jingle with different parrots near xmas trees.

We gotta have at least 5 people who have a parrot and a camera that can video themselves to take part in projects. More is better, but anything less than 5 wouldn't really be a community.

However, it takes more than just video people to make this happen. A director, video editor, and youtube maintainer are necessary. One person could fill all three roles if necessary but ideally it should be 3 different people to make it a collaborative effort. Even if you do not own a video camera, you can still participate as a director, video editor, youtube maintainer, or writer. We definitely need lots of writers. Writers come up with the text that different people will say with their parrots on video or what should be going on.

For example could go like person 1 says "Welcome to the parrot forum." Person 2 says "A friendly forum for discussing everything about parrots." Person 3 says "Including Senegal Parrots, African Greys..." etc. Someone's gotta come up with this and you don't even have to have a camera.

One of the most important roles is director. This person has to take the script the writers made and organize who videos what and how. The director is responsible for getting all the footage from the videoers in due time and making sure it fills the requirements. This is passed to the video editor that puts it all together. Finally this is passed to the youtube maintainer who uploads it, writes the video description, checks youtube comments/messages, deletes spam comments on the videos, edits the channel layout and descriptions, and replies to comments. Youtube maintainer doesn't have to have a camera but should be very familiar with youtube. The more people we can get with cameras the better. We can have much more than 5 videoers, but we gotta have a commitment from at least 5 to go ahead.

So until we can get commitments from people and what roles they'll fill, we cannot proceed. I can provide video clips, but there is no way I have time for any of the other roles. I already do plenty of that with my own videos. So until someone steps up and is willing to lead this project, it's not going to happen. Volunteers?

Please state what role(s) you are willing to fill.
Michael
Macaw

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby zazanomore » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:50 am

I am willing to provide videos and be a video editor. I just bought a new video editing software, and it is pretty easy to use.

If no one else offers to take the other roles, I wouldn't mind stepping up.
Bonnie - :budgie2:
Clyde - :budgie:
Einstein - :greycockatiel:
Alyssa - :thumbsup:
zazanomore
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels
Budgies

PreviousNext

Return to Collaborative Youtube Channel