Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Help!! Shift to India with my Baby ringneck parrot

Comment or discuss articles from the trained parrot blog.

Help!! Shift to India with my Baby ringneck parrot

Postby Saniya » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:46 pm

Hey everyone,

As I type this my anxeity takes over me, I have read that importing a Bird to India is not possible. But there is a way! How and where I can’t find anything about that yet on internet.
My husband is Indian and we live in Belgium. 3 years ago I rescued a baby parrot from a breeder. This baby was too weak and I took care of him like my own child. I did everything after weening him to let him fly away.. he didn’t go! He would sit near the front door chirping for hours for me to open the door and take him. Thats the day I decided he is staying forever. Now my husband. And I are planning to shift to India next year. I cannot and never will leave my child behind! There should be a way.. money doesn’t matter. As long as I can take my baby with me! Can someone please help me? Who do I contact for this? i emailed forgeign minister of India but have not got any reply. All the agencies I contacted said they are clueless about this..I feel really helpless. :cry:
Saniya
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Indian ringneck parrot pale yellow
Flight: Yes

Re: Help!! Shift to India with my Baby ringneck parrot

Postby Pajarita » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:46 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. You need to contact the Indian Embassy or the consulate but I am afraid that, in India, it's illegal to keep Indian Ringnecks as pets (they actually confiscate the ones they find) so I don't see how it would be legal for you to bring it in... but, who knows? Maybe there is a way so do contact them and see what they say.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Saniya » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:28 pm

Thank
Pajarita wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum. You need to contact the Indian Embassy or the consulate but I am afraid that, in India, it's illegal to keep Indian Ringnecks as pets (they actually confiscate the ones they find) so I don't see how it would be legal for you to bring it in... but, who knows? Maybe there is a way so do contact them and see what they say.

Thank you Pajarita for your reply,

I did my research and found out that my parrot is not Indian ringneck that is banned. Mine is from the family of Indian ringneck but the is the smaller version of alexendrine parrot, which is indeed banned in India because its endangered bird. My birds certificate says he is psittacula krameri. On government websites its mentioned about Psittacula eupatria which is a Indianringneck who weights more than 200 grams and is twice as big as mine. Also mine is a white pale yellow coloured. You are right I have to contact the embassy. Thanks alot for your reply.
Saniya
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Indian ringneck parrot pale yellow

Postby Pajarita » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:28 am

Well, krameri is the Indian Ringneck Parakeet (aka Rose Ringed Parakeet), the eupatria is the Alexandrine Parakeet and yes, there are subspecies that are smaller and subspecies that are a bit larger but they are all Alexandrines and they are all forbidden to keep as pets in India (keeping ANY bird in a cage is forbidden there regardless of the species).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to TrainedParrot.com - Parrot Training Blog Comments