Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Cat flap for parrots?

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Re: Cat flap for parrots?

Postby sunnyrio » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:14 pm

Hitting your thumb with a hammer is painful, we can agree on that. But cold water isn't sore. It may give you a shock, but that's all, you immediately become used to it. There's no reason to dislike it at all.

As for it being dangerous, I know that to be nonsense, there's an assault course in the UK called "Tough Guy" in Wolverhampton, England. 4000 people a year (myself included several times) enter it, and I've seen for myself the kind of people that enter it. Most are not athletes or particularly fit. They're just everyday people doing it for a laugh or a dare. The assault course involves jumping into ice cold water many times and swimming or wading through it up to your neck for several minutes each time (along with some running and climbing aswell). The whole race lasts for most people about 1.5 to 3 hours. Many people do it shirtless, or in bikinis, or silly costumes, or shorts and tshirt, some even barefoot. In the few decades it has run, there has been only one fatality, somebody with a pre-existing heart condition, and that was over exertion, not cold. The other 4000 times 30 years of people were fine (except for a broken leg and a broken neck, but that's nothing to do with the cold).
sunnyrio
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 17
Types of Birds Owned: African Greys, Amazons, Cockatiels, Lovebirds
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:18 am

I'll say it again, we come from two different places. To me, anybody who takes part on those Tough Guy, Survivor, American Ninja, etc programs are all nuts :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby sunnyrio » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:31 pm

I can accept you're a wimp compared to me. I can accept I'm "nuts" compared to you. But what you need to realise is I'm better than you. Consider something terrible happened (which will one day) - no heating, no houses, nuclear war, whatever. I'd survive and you'd die, or moan, not sure which. But all I can be sure of is it will be fun watching the ones that are suffering.
sunnyrio
Parrotlet

Postby Pajarita » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:35 am

Well, no wonder you did not worry about your birds wellbeing, you are devoid of empathy -among other things... I feel sorry for you and your birds and strongly recommend you seek professional help.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby sunnyrio » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:54 am

You think I should seek professional help because I don't think the same as you? Because you must be right and I'm wrong? There's nothing wrong with laughing at those less fortunate than yourself. If someone trips over a paving stone, you laugh. It's the whole basis of the likes of "fail" videos on youtube, millions and millions of people watching them every day: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fail
sunnyrio
Parrotlet

Postby Pajarita » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:40 pm

No, it's not that I think that 'I am right and you are wrong' or that 'I don't think the same as you'. I think you have serious issues and that you need professional help because you posted comments that are text book examples of a narcissistic personality with a strong emotional empathy deficiency (and people suffering from these personality disorders are intensely unhappy with their place in life, it's part and parcel of the pathology). This is what makes you believe that you are better than other people, that you will survive the 'terrible thing that will happen' while others will not, that there is nothing wrong with laughing at those less fortunate than you and/or enjoying their misfortune, your need to take adversarial positions and insult your interlocutor, etc.
Do a little research and you will see - it's all there. And no, I do not laugh at people that trip over a paving stone, I ask them if they are OK. And I do not watch 'fail' videos on YouTube, either (I hardly ever look at anything in YouTube and then only when somebody posts or sends me a link to a specific video and want a comment on it).

As I said before several times, you and I, we come from completely different places... maybe even opposite ends of the spectrum. I am empathetic and compassionate (and work hard at improving them) and you not only disdain others (because they are inferior to you) but also enjoy other people's suffering. You will never understand me and I will never understand you. And you can take that to the bank!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby sunnyrio » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:11 pm

You're contradicting yourself. If you accept I may be right, then you can't say I need help. I'm very happy with my life, but I scoff at those who are stupider or weaker than me, nothing wrong with that. It's called competition.

This craze (I assume you're American, they do it most) of psycho-analyzing people is insane. There is no wrong and right, you can't say a particular person "needs help" because they're different to you. Who says it's not you that needs help and they're correct?

Look at the number of people that watch the fail videos (the stats are right under the videos). Accept that it's a huge number of people, so they can't all be wrong.
sunnyrio
Parrotlet

Postby Pajarita » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:20 am

Please read my reply carefully because I did not say you were right and I was wrong. And, no, I am not American, I was born and raised in South America. And of course there is a right and a wrong! If there weren't, there would be no religions, no laws, no norms, no urbanity, no jails, no Geneva convention, etc and all the crazies would be out there (not that there aren't a HUGE amount of crazies out there now, mind you! :lol: ). Scoffing at people you consider weaker or stupider than you is not competition, it's gloating and it has a real bad connotation to the point that, in sports, it's considered unsportsmanlike behavior - aside from the fact that it's all an illusion because you are not really better than anybody else. And I do not say you need help because you are different to me, I say it because I think you would benefit from it.

But let's just agree to end this futile discussion.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby sunnyrio » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:11 pm

"You need professional help" indicates you think I'm wrong.

Religion is wrong, no doubt about that. Those folk are stupid beyond a joke. But most things people say are "wrong" - sexual preference, political preference, etc, are just opinions.

I don't scoff at someone who can't run as fast as me, but I do scoff if they moan like a little baby because they're "too cold" whatever that's supposed to mean.

I actually saw at a race once, a guy who finished half an hour after me was very tired and collapsed. Any sensible person would have just assumed he was tired. But oh no, medical teams arrived. He was tired! That's all! You can't die from over exertion!

What is this nonsense? "And I do not say you need help because you are different to me, I say it because I think you would benefit from it." Clearly you think benefitting from it would make me more like you, because you're right and I'm wrong of course....
sunnyrio
Parrotlet

Postby Pajarita » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:18 am

:lol: I am sure that you do not realize this but your continuing with your futile adversarial position and comments about other people only reinforces what I said before...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

PreviousNext

Return to Housing