Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Pest control for 6 rainbow lorikeets?

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Pest control for 6 rainbow lorikeets?

Postby Pajarita » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:18 am

They might not be indigenous to New Zealand and most likely will eat some of the crops but sheesh!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/114532 ... t-auckland
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Pest control for 6 rainbow lorikeets?

Postby Peakirene » Thu May 13, 2021 10:26 am

Wow! I'm sure New Zealand is stringent regarding imported goods in the country as I remember one time having a full inspection of my bag just because of a scan they made and showed up to be suspicious. Even in Australia, we are very strict with these things, but New Zealanders beat us to it for sure. Maybe one of the reasons that Australia is a bit more lenient with controls is due to the fact that we have one of the best pest control systems in Perth. I've used them quite a few times to deal with rodents and other bugs in the house.
Peakirene
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: Yes

Return to Housing