Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Travel cage toys

Bird rooms, aviaries, cages, foraging trees, play gyms, and stands. Discuss your parrot's locations and perches.

Travel cage toys

Postby Mosarie » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:18 am

I am purchasing a travel cage from the Parrot Wizard store to travel with my 30 YO CAG IT IS 2 Days of driving 8 hours each with an overnight hotel stay? I will purchase small cups for food and water but I'm concerned about boredom he will feel in a cage without toys. Does anyone recommend toys to put in this specific travel cage that are small enough yet not to large to take up too much space. :gray:
Mosarie
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: CAG
Flight: No

Re: Travel cage toys

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:17 am

Hi, Mosarie and CAG, welcome to the forum. You can put something easy to chew in it like a dry yucca kabob but, personally, I SERIOUSLY doubt the bird will touch any toy during the trip. CAGs hate change and get all stressed out about it, and being in a small cage, riding in a car all day long is a HUGE change for them. What I have done in the past whenever I've had to travel hours with a bird is feed and water it early in the am, put an orange slice (for hydration instead of a water cup which, most likely, will not be touched during the trip) and some nuts in the cage (because they love them) and leave the door open so the bird can climb in and out (make sure the bird is wearing a harness, just in case you forget and open the door to the car) and feed again in the pm once you get to the hotel. I would also give him a calming herbal tea instead of water in the am and pm...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Housing