Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Blood in Stool

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Re: Blood in Stool

Postby Pajarita » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:04 am

Don't forget the heat (never lower than 85 degrees), it's essential to their recuperation.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby Chai » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:18 pm

Sad news, Jarla didn't make it :cry: He bled heavily the night before he was scheduled to have surgery, so by the time I took him in that morning he was too weak for the surgery, and there wasn't any time for a transfusion. I had him euthanized and stayed with him while he passed on. I did have a necropsy done and the surgery wouldn't have worked anyway, as the cancer was very diffused throughout the entire lining of the cloaca and the vet didn't think she would have been successful in stopping the bleeding. His cardiovascular disease was also much worse than what they vet initially thought it to be. I tried my best to do right by him, but I miss him so much!
Chai
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: White-fronted Amazon, 2 African Greys

Postby Pajarita » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:44 am

Oh, geez, I am so very sorry for your loss :cry: . I had to put down two birds because of cancer... they hide their symptoms so well that, by the time you notice anything, it's often way too late. You tried your very best and I am sure he was happy with you so, although I am sure you will miss him a lot, you did the right thing by putting him down.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Previous

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet