Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

More on parrot brain evolution

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

More on parrot brain evolution

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:54 am

Kind of like what we have already read but a bit more info -which I always find super interesting:

https://newsstand.clemson.edu/mediarela ... ain-study/
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: More on parrot brain evolution

Postby cstone01 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:19 am

Have you read “the genius of birds” by Jennifer Ackerman ? I received a copy for Christmas, if you haven’t seen it it’s worth checking out.
cstone01
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Alexandrine, Major Mitchell

Re: More on parrot brain evolution

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:25 am

No, I haven't. I get super behind on my reading during the summer because I have extra chores and the days are soooo long that they leave no time for me to rest (I spend almost all day long with the birds and I can't read when they are out flying).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet