Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

injured leg lilac crown

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

injured leg lilac crown

Postby raptorddd » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:58 am

hi.
i have a baby lilac crown about 1 month and a half. but it injured his leg. it was an accident i was trying to see if he would perch on my finger and he did when i was about to put him back to his box still perch i kind got distracted and he fell to his back i say maybe about 4 inches high still perch to my finger when i picked him up he could not get up he was laying on the bottom of the box by the way the box has some rugs for him to step on. the right leg was like to the front and the left one to the back in that position i could try to move the right leg and he will force me not to but he left one i could move it and he would not force it i check to see if he could perch with the weak leg and could. then i notice a lupm in the left leg. he was getting better and could get up but then i try to see any difference by just lightly touching both legs like a said lightly before that he was ok and standing. then after checking his legs lightly touching to see if the lump was gone he could not get up no more. now the bad leg its healed and the good one its injured. i dont know how it happened but there is another lump. the one before its gone and leg has healed. the new lump is in the femur bone very close to the joint where the leg and body joins. its not broken it just like a lump of skin dont know what it is. i wish i could take a pic but cant dont have camera. does anyoe know where can i see pics of injured legs strain muscles or tendons.? i did took him to a vet he game me something a liquid that its purple he said that in 2 days taht lump will be gone he said it was a bacteria this is in mexico so i really dont trust them i doubt that they reall y know what it is.
thanks for your time
raptorddd
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: lilac crown
Flight: No

Re: injured leg lilac crown

Postby Banksie » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:52 am

Wait 2 days, if the lump isn't gone then take him back to the vet. :roll:
Banksie
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 16
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, 2x Budgerigars, 5x Zebra Finches, 4x Bengalese Finches, 2x Chinese Painted Quails, 2x Red-Eared Waxbills.
Flight: Yes

Postby raptorddd » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:47 am

its been 2 days now and the bump is still there. will take to the vet today or tomorrow. he used to have a lump in the other leg just below the knee but that one its gone. i feel very sad about it. :(
raptorddd
Parakeet

Postby raptorddd » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:26 am

this place sucks there is no answer to my questions. :o
raptorddd
Parakeet

Postby pchela » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:04 pm

None of us are vets and we can't diagnose a leg problem. If I had a link to give you that shows leg injuries I would share it with you but I'd just have to do a search for it online which I'm sure you are also capable of doing.

I hope the birds leg gets better. Did you take it back to the vet?
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)

Postby raptorddd » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:48 am

bird is doing better he had a broken leg i took him to the vet. but i had to do the splint to it. just so you know i am in mexico so i had to do the splint now he can stand up and he is trying to walk. :amazon: :D :D :D :D :D
thanks
raptorddd
Parakeet

Postby Kim S » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:53 am

Why did you do the splint yourself? That is a very delicate thing to do. Couldnt the vet do that?
I'm getting a very funny feeling about all this. I hope the bird will be ok. :(
Kika: Senegal Parrot.
Guus: Cockatiel, Yellowcheek, cinnamon, pearl, pied.
Kim S
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal (1)

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet