Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Plumbing and Parrots

Talk about bird illnesses and other bird health related issues. Seeds, pellets, fruits, vegetables and more. Discuss what to feed your birds and in what quantity. Share your recipe ideas.

Plumbing and Parrots

Postby ParrotMan82 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:46 pm

I have a plumber coming tomorrow. He has to replumb the house. This means using MAPP gas torches, flux, and solder. Do I need to be concerned for my parrots? Can I tape off the room?
ParrotMan82
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: Illiger's Macaw, White capped Pionus, Jardine's Parrot, Meyer's Parrot, 2x Quakers, Nanday Conure
Flight: Yes

Re: Plumbing and Parrots

Postby ParrotMan82 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:14 pm

Might use pvc
ParrotMan82
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: Illiger's Macaw, White capped Pionus, Jardine's Parrot, Meyer's Parrot, 2x Quakers, Nanday Conure

Postby Pajarita » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:01 am

Sorry nobody answered this timely but, if there is still time and you cannot move the birds to another location, yes, do tape off the room and make sure it's done nice and tight and that the windows everywhere else in the house are all open so there is a good draft 'carrying away' any fumes.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Pajarita » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:37 am

What has that to do with parrots?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Pajarita » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:12 pm

Well, with all due respect, that makes no sense because you can't move the parrots to another home every time a repair needs to be done in the home.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby WillIAmFor » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:44 am

My parrots are afraid of plumbers. Sometimes I think they feel when a stranger should come into the house. Any repairman in our house is faced with a terrible bird cry.
WillIAmFor
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Parrot
Flight: No

Postby Hokor » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:55 am

Lol, funny comment about parrot relocation. I doubt that the average person makes repairs in the house so often that it causes inconvenience to parrots.
Hokor
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Return to Health, Nutrition & Diet