Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Strange situation

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Strange situation

Postby cstone01 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:15 pm

Hello, I recently came across a very strange bird ownership situation. I do not want to reveal too much information both because of HIPAA laws and false ownership claims.

Has anyone heard any information about a keel billed toucan Being stolen or going missing about eight years ago Around Memphis Tennessee? Very close to the borders of Mississippi, Arkansas and Missouri. We have made a very casual acquaintance with a man who claims to To have bought him off the street corner from a guy on a motorcycle.

A very very uncommon breed in this area of the country.
cstone01
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Alexandrine, Major Mitchell
Flight: Yes

Re: Strange situation

Postby Pajarita » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:51 am

No, I don't remember anything about that but I do wish people would not be so enamored of exotic species... the poor toucans are also species that we simply cannot keep healthy and happy in captivity and most of them have miserable lives with people.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby perrymiller » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:56 am

where did you heard this information? I don't hear this news.

pizza tower
perrymiller
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Postby gloomybarrel » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:40 am

I also heard this for the first time.
happy wheels
gloomybarrel
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1