Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Cape Parrot Name Ideas

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Which names do you like best? (pick 2)

Ziz
8%
Zix
6%
Zar
6%
Zor
6%
Zuce
8%
Zeon
14%
Fizz
6%
Razu
17%
Saturn
3%
Truman
28%

Total votes : 36

Re: Cape Parrot Name Ideas

Postby Michael » Thu May 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Yeah, but the problem is that all the words that mean something are in use (if not as parrot names then in common use). "Kili" worked out great because the resemblances to the word were coincidental. Kili can stand for Kilimanjaro but apparently mean parrot in some remote language. Also there is a Kili island in the pacific. It's hard to consciously come up with a name like that but believe me when I decided to go with "Kili" it did not stand for anything to me either. If I use a made up name like Razu, the parrot would become what the word means or stands for :mrgreen:
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Postby skeetersunconure » Fri May 28, 2010 5:39 am

i think you should name him razu i love that name!!!
skeetersunconure
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure

Postby lzver » Fri May 28, 2010 7:35 am

Michael wrote:Someone on youtube just gave me a really good one so I wonder what people think of it:

Razu

It's definitely going in my top 10.

Razu is definitely unique and it seems to fit most of your criteria ... I haven't googled it, but I trust that you have :)

I'll throw a few more into the hat (although I haven't googled any)

Cisco
Bali
Micah
Fuji
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura's Bird World Blog - http://laurasbirdworld.blogspot.com/
Jessie - Senegal
Lucy - Red Bellied
Kylie - Meyers
lzver
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal; 1 Red-Bellied; 1 Meyers

Postby budgiebuddy » Fri May 28, 2010 8:30 pm

Well I don't know what razu and paku mean.All I know is that it has a meaning(Paku).I just don't know what it is at the moment:):):):)
budgiebuddy
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: budgie

Postby Michael » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:57 pm

I'm getting quite close to getting the new parrot so I want to try to wrap up the name search idea. I've narrowed down to my top 10 choices (in no particular order):

Ziz
Zix
Zar
Zor
Zuce
Zeon
Fizz
Razu
Saturn
Truman

Two late additions to this list are Saturn and Truman. Maria who has the Cape Parrot named Jupiter thought that Saturn would be cool for the brother of the parrot named Jupiter. I also think Zuce (pronounced Zeus) is similarly appropriate. I recently thought of Truman as I was thinking about all the videos I plan to do with the parrot. It reminds me of the movie The Truman Show about how a man's life and daily business are broadcast as the TV show without his awareness. Also Truman is like True Man. Considering how much training and stuff I intend to do with this parrot and considering it is male, it will probably behave truly like a man. :mrgreen:

So I'd like everyone's opinions about these narrowed down names. From the list, please vote for your two favorites. I can't guarantee that I'll pick the most voted name, but at least it might help me stay away from some that everyone dislikes. So, what does everyone think? Please vote and respond with your thoughts on this narrowed list.
Michael
Macaw

Postby Natacha » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:14 pm

I chose Zor because of the "Z" names, I think it's the most unique.

But I like Truman the best. Somehow..I really can picture a male Cape named Truman. It just fits.
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Postby Kim S » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:26 am

I really really like Zix. But I can imagine that its a bity too close to Kili with the I sound. But I voted on that one anyway, so you can make up your own mind.
I really Like Zuce too.

Usually I really like human names for pets. The confusion is part of the fun! My dogs name is Daan (short for Daniel) and my old dogs name was Bart.
But like you said, I think if you googgle Truman, you get a lot of confusion with the Truman-show (good movie btw!).
Kika: Senegal Parrot.
Guus: Cockatiel, Yellowcheek, cinnamon, pearl, pied.
Kim S
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal (1)

Postby TheNzJessie » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:34 am

milo :( sorry that name brought up soooooo many bad memories for me. my cat i got for my 5th birthday in 1997 was tragiclly killed by a drunk driver outside my house on october 22nd 2008. 2 days before my birthday. sorry i had to mention that

besides the point the name i offered jengo i used it for my lorikeet but changed it to jango :) i still like dayo

i was going to name my lorikeet jasper but my budgie is qwil and people would start thinking i was a fan of twilight.....which im not.....
Last edited by TheNzJessie on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Postby Banksie » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:41 am

I, too, like Truman...just seems like that should be his name! It's fits in with calling his youtube channel the Truman Show as well.
Banksie
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 16
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, 2x Budgerigars, 5x Zebra Finches, 4x Bengalese Finches, 2x Chinese Painted Quails, 2x Red-Eared Waxbills.

Postby Michael » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:44 am

I was thinking of doing that, but you don't think I'd get in trouble for copyright/trademark violation? I'm sticking to the kiliparrot channel just cause people know it but I was thinking of calling the videos the Truman Show (I bet that would drive me lots of traffic from people actually searching for Jim Carey as well :lol:). Perhaps if it's called the Truman Parrot Show it will be ok and still catch the same searches and meaning. And the initials can be TPS! :lol:

MMMM..YEAH. YOU SEE, WE'RE PUTTING THE COVERSHEETS ON ALL TPS REPORTS
NOW BEFORE THEY GO OUT. DID YOU SEE THE MEMO ABOUT THIS?
Michael
Macaw

PreviousNext

Return to General & Off Topic