Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Do you believe in God?

Off topic discussions that are unrelated to parrots and other parrot discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Do you believe in God?

Postby Pajarita » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:14 am

I don't know about anybody else but I was not offended by the subject, Not at all. It's just another subject to me - only it's one that I don't normally debate. I suggest that, as Seagoatdeb suggested, you go to an appropriate site to discuss your and other people's beliefs. I would also suggest that you rethink your approach and manner because, personally, I find you quite alienating and people don't take kindly to that.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby bosad44 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:32 am

Pajarita wrote:I don't know about anybody else but I was not offended by the subject, Not at all. It's just another subject to me - only it's one that I don't normally debate. I suggest that, as Seagoatdeb suggested, you go to an appropriate site to discuss your and other people's beliefs. I would also suggest that you rethink your approach and manner because, personally, I find you quite alienating and people don't take kindly to that.

how am I being "alienating"?
bosad44
Lovebird

Postby Pajarita » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:12 am

Re-read your postings as if they were addressed to you and, if you don't see what I mean, it would be useless for me to point it out because, obviously, you would not agree.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby bosad44 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:27 am

Pajarita wrote:Re-read your postings as if they were addressed to you and, if you don't see what I mean, it would be useless for me to point it out because, obviously, you would not agree.

well then, I suggest you do the same :thumbsup:

peace.
bosad44
Lovebird

Postby GreenWing » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:46 pm

Catholic here. Chance is Catholic, too. Her patron saint is St. Francis of Assisi. Of course. :mrgreen: Chance gets blessed on the feast of St. Francis of Assisi.

FWIW, I don't see why the OP should get any sass here. It's the off-topic section. He has the right to start a topic. Nobody is making anybody respond. Just sayin'.
GreenWing
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥

Postby bosad44 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:10 pm

GreenWing wrote:Catholic here. Chance is Catholic, too. Her patron saint is St. Francis of Assisi. Of course. :mrgreen: Chance gets blessed on the feast of St. Francis of Assisi.

FWIW, I don't see why the OP should get any sass here. It's the off-topic section. He has the right to start a topic. Nobody is making anybody respond. Just sayin'.

a catholic parrot? that's a first for me, which is also interesting :lol:
bosad44
Lovebird

Postby Pajarita » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:27 am

GreenWing wrote:Catholic here. Chance is Catholic, too. Her patron saint is St. Francis of Assisi. Of course. :mrgreen: Chance gets blessed on the feast of St. Francis of Assisi.

Yes, this is the off-topic section but religion is waaaayyyy off-topic in a bird forum and there is no way you can actually debate the subject - how can you give a rational, logical argument one way or the other?! The only thing you can do is simply answer a yes or a no. The problem was the fact that he did not accept the answers or the refusal to debate it. He wanted an argument and, when he did not get it, became a pain in the neck about it. Please do not continue posting on this thread. It upsets some of the older members (not me, mind you!).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby bosad44 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:00 am

Pajarita wrote:

Yes, this is the off-topic section but religion is waaaayyyy off-topic in a bird forum and there is no way you can actually debate the subject - how can you give a rational, logical argument one way or the other?! The only thing you can do is simply answer a yes or a no. The problem was the fact that he did not accept the answers or the refusal to debate it. He wanted an argument and, when he did not get it, became a pain in the neck about it. Please do not continue posting on this thread. It upsets some of the older members (not me, mind you!).

You are still at it, really..? I've repeatedly said in my responses to you that you are free to answer or not answer so how was I being "a pain in the neck" about it? and yes exactly the topic was simple, you were the one who brought up the unrelated things and all what I did was respond to you.. and seriously "off-topic" means "off-topic" unless you guys have a different meaning to it than the dictionary then let me know. and I've seen other topics which are "waaaayyyy off-topic" and nobody complained about it. if you simply don't like me talking/discussing religion in this forum you should've just said so from the start cause its clearly not about it being "off-topic". by the way, you considering it illogical is your opinion/belief and I respect your belief, but stop treating it as a fact please, as we all have different opinions/beliefs.. :thumbsup:
bosad44
Lovebird

Postby Pajarita » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:23 am

OK. I am pretty sure I already told you but, if there is any doubt, here it goes again: we do not discuss religion. We also don't discuss politics.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby GabrielaPeterson » Thu May 18, 2023 10:08 am

Late reply but still thanks for starting this discussion, it's always interesting to hear about different beliefs on the big guy upstairs. Personally, I don't follow any particular religion, but I respect everyone's right to believe in what resonates with them.
GabrielaPeterson
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Previous

Return to General & Off Topic