Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Great Billed Parrots

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Great Billed Parrots

Postby Aratinga13 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:59 pm

New to the forum, anybody else with a Great BIlled Parrot on here?
I am in STL,MO looking for a hen for my male
Aratinga13
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Great Billed Parrot
Flight: Yes

Re: Great Billed Parrots

Postby Pajarita » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:39 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. I am sorry but I don't know anybody who even has one... they are VERY common as pets in SouthEast Asia but not in USA as far as I know. Why don't you try getting him a female green IRN? They are very similar and might work out for him.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Aratinga13 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:55 am

I appreciate the advice a IRN is WAY to active for him. He is a very calm and relaxed bird, he sits and chews blocks for excitement. Doesn't move around much, which is great! Took me 3 years to find him.
Aratinga13
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Great Billed Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:21 am

Yes, IRN's are semi-aviary, if not complete aviary, but, if they bond, the Island will become more active, which is super healthful to him, and the IRN will become less flighty so it will work out great for both of them.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Introductions