Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New Quaker Owner

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

New Quaker Owner

Postby Franky » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:17 pm

Hello Friends, I love all animals and now that I am retired I have some time to spend with a 1 year old today Quaker named "Franky" . this is the second day he has not eaten and still in the same spot of the cage. I have spent sometime taking to him explaining this is a new atmosphere and I will be caring for him the rest of his life.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Franky
Franky
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Quaker
Flight: Yes

Re: New Quaker Owner

Postby Pajarita » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:46 am

Hi, Franky and his human. Are you giving him the same food he was getting before? Has there been any radical change in his life? Like, he was living in a flock and now he is alone... or he was flighted and now he is clipped? Are you staring at him? Are you covering his cage during the day? Something is happening/wrong because birds don't just stop eating out of mere discomfort... Moving to a new home is traumatic for them but they don't go on a hunger strike because of it. If you reply to these questions, we will be able to give you a better answer.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions