Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New one, Welcome all parrot Lovers

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

New one, Welcome all parrot Lovers

Postby Azaria » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:17 pm

Dear parrots and other birds enthusiasts.
My name is Azaria,
I'm aviculture enthusiast. I have some birds. some of them decided to have babies, but others just enjoying life.

I strongly believe in good nature of humans and I think we have to do our best to save all the species and to develop artificial breeding techniques to help nature to increase the number of birds and animals of all kinds.
I don't judge any one.
and if any one needs help of mine, would be happy to do my best.

And some basic info about my birds:
I have 16 macaws 9 cockatoos and one full aviary of budgerigars. I really don't know the axact number of them, but they consume around 60 pounds of seed, and 50 pounds of seasonal vegetables per day.
Thank you
Azaria
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Types of Birds Owned: Blue and Gold, scarlet, Military, Red and green Macaws, Moluccan, Umbrella and little corella cockatoos, and 3000 square foot indoor aviary with parakeets.
And i don't sell my birds. just trying to give them appropriate home.
Flight: Yes

Re: New one, Welcome all parrot Lovers

Postby Pajarita » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:08 am

Welcome to the forum, Azaria and flock. Wow, you do have A LOT of birds! The budgies must be in 7th heaven in a big flock but are your macaws in a flock or kept separate? I assume your macaws and toos are all breeder birds but, if not, how do you manage to spend one-on-one with each of them? I also have a lot of birds but not that many large ones and I spread myself super thin trying to pay enough attention to all of them (right now, I have a GCC hanging from my chest, a CAG on my left shoulder, a senegal on my left shoulder and another one on my lap).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Azaria » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:44 am

Pajarita wrote:Welcome to the forum, Azaria and flock....

Good day, Pajarita.
My big wings are just birds, they are not for breeding. all of them not tamed. and they preferred to live in two different aviaries (used to be four cars garage), but now it is 1 car slot is aviary for cockatoos. and 3 car slot now aviary for macaws. we have tried to separate the group, but they have started destructive behavior. now are planning to build bigger aviary, hopefully by next autumn.
breeding one are some of the budgerigars. several times they have laid eggs on the floor, and we decided to separate 2 pairs give them that opportunity. they raised 7 chick and now for more than 8 month no egg on the floor.
Occasionally animal control brings us birds, up to now only budgies, and after 1 month quarantine they join our feathered family and start lazy life in our ranch.
that is the story of most boring birds enthusiast)))
you have African grey? that is wonderful bird! with very complexed phycology. macaws and toos are, frankly speaking, little simple one compared to greys. well maybe it is only my misunderstanding.
Azaria
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Types of Birds Owned: Blue and Gold, scarlet, Military, Red and green Macaws, Moluccan, Umbrella and little corella cockatoos, and 3000 square foot indoor aviary with parakeets.
And i don't sell my birds. just trying to give them appropriate home.

Postby Pajarita » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:39 am

African greys are super smart birds, no doubt about it, but I think that most people think they are much smarter/complex than other species of parrots because of Alex but, in reality, ALL parrots are super smart and my most intelligent bird is not my grey but the male senegal -this bird speaks cognitively to the point that you can have conversations with him as long as you learn the meaning of the words he uses. For example, to him, 'Eat it' means food and, if it is a food he likes a lot and wants you to give him some, he says "Peekabird?". And, actually, studies have shown cockatoos to be super intelligent! They actually make tools specific to the task they want to use it for - now that is SMART! And don't get me started on how intelligent quakers are!

I am also trying to convert a two car garage into a birdroom but it will be extended so I can put large windows and skylights for better natural light.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Introductions