Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

The call of the wild

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

The call of the wild

Postby Pajarita » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:37 am

I posted this here even though it is not about a particular species (but it uses the scarlets and green wings projects to repopulate their natural habitats as example) or an individual parrot because the subject on this SUPER interesting (I HIGHLY recommend you, guys, read it - I LOVED it!) article is, inherently, what constitutes the 'tale' of parrots lives in the wild. It explains how animals societies work (even within the same species but of different geographical locations), how elders teach younger generations to survive (mentions how parrots need this more than other species) and how they are VERY MUCH like people. Wonderful piece for anybody who is, as I am, fascinated by how 'smart' Mother nature is in general and how complex parrots are.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... urvive-aoe
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Tales