Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Gary's great escape

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Gary's great escape

Postby sunny sara » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:07 pm

About 3 months ago, I opened my front door and my Half-Moon Conure, Gary , flew out the front door. I was very sad and I yelled his name. I heard his weak little squawks in the distance, until a gigantic flock of Half-Moons passed by the tree he flew to, and then he was gone. I cried the whole day and even skipped a very important meeting i had because i couldnt get my head around the fact that he was gone for good. Turns out, I shouldn't have done that because, I tried one last time calling his name from the balcony, when suddenly, a flock of 5 Half-Moon Conures passes infront of the balcony. I knew that it was just a random flock of them, but then I realized that one of them seemed smaller, more tired, and his voice was squeakier. It was Gary. I was honestly so shocked to see my bird, after 4hours o him leaving the house, to be circling my house, trying to find a way in. he ended up landing on a tree in my backyard because he was so exhausted, so I rushed downstairs, out to my backyard, and climbed a tall, steep pile of wood. The feeling of relief I felt when he leaped onto my shoulder, panting, cannot be described. He then proceeded to drink 2 full water bowls of water and almost half a bag of almonds and peanuts.

What I want you to get out of this story is that no matter what you go through and expect will happen, there's always hope :macaw:
sunny sara
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Half-moon Conure or Orange fronted Parakeet ( I'm not sure )
Flight: Yes

Re: Gary's great escape

Postby Pajarita » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:53 am

Oh, wow, I am so happy the story had a happy ending! But, my dear, big ouch on the almonds and peanuts meal... I hope this was just an extraordinary type of meal and not what he eats regularly.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Tales