Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Bird woman's flock

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Bird woman's flock

Postby galeriagila » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:52 pm

How did I miss this thread for so long???????????????

BW, you have an amazing flock, not to mention all the bells and whistles! I would kill (well, not KILL, but at least THREATEN to kill) for that stainless cage!!!!!

I was just astounded at the bird-age you have there! Thanks for the pictures, Wolf!

Thank you for sharing. It must take amazing dedication, strength, and consistency to care for all those birds as wonderfully as you do.
galeriagila
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 32-year-old Patagonian Conure
Flight: Yes

Postby Bird woman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:19 pm

I run an add on Craig's list non-stop for stainless steel parrot cages and have gotten 2 so far. There so expensive really the only way I can justify getting all the birdies there own. :) I'll be posting or rather begging wolf to post current pictures of all the newbys, and thank you all ) I love my birdies soooo much, I can talk about them all I want , get lots of advice and share my pain with you guys and no one seems to mind . :thumbsup: you guys are great BW. :swaying:
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Wolf » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:04 am

There is no reason that we would mind, we might want to talk about our birds too. Many of us seem to live where there are not that many people with birds and although some people could understand better if we had dogs and cats they just can't wrap their brains around a bird. Some live where there may be lots of bird people, but that appears to be a mixed bag of tricks. For one thing, especially with those that work out, they don't get out a lot, mostly because they want to get home to their bird(s). Lots of different stories, so why would we mind?
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby galeriagila » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:29 am

What Wolf said!!!!!!!!!!!!
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby Wolf » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:41 pm

From BW

img032.jpg
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby galeriagila » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:53 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That 'too is sexy and knows it!
Cue Justin Timberlake...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LnXHrSVk2c
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby Bird woman » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:36 am

NO THAT TOO ! Had an attitude :lol: WHEN SHE HEARD , there was a new bird on the block. She's a brute and runs the feminine side of the roost. What ricki says is what goes in this house. She will sit on the floor below me and stomp her foot when she wants to be fed , if I'm not cooking fast enough. And here lately she's been flying up on the bar area and trying to help herself to the treats that I USED TO LEAVE ON THE COUNTER.( All 950 grams of her.) that's the one that was beaten by a woman and had broke her wing , not given medical treatment so on , so on, you'all know the story!
Typical crap , by the time she came to me riki had beaten and bit the crap out of 2 women that tried to give her a better life and they just couldn't handle her. Well I got her number down pretty quick. The sun rises and sets in my husbands you know what), he's top dog in her books ! I am sloppy seconds at best with her. I get used for cooking , cleaning , treats , ass scratching when dads at work and outside time. OH let's not forget about her beauty baths and spritzers.( Just look into that face real hard) :twisted: , I even taught her how to fly that's gratitude for you. I nick named her bully bird, but I know she loves me . Can you guys read your birds? Body language or not, I can tell just what there thinking , what there going to do and to whom or what there going too do it oo !!! :lol: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:01 am

Oh, poor, poor little girl! I think that birds in general and parrots in particular are one of the pets that get the worst care from 'loving' owners. They are sooooo very difficult for people to understand and read that most of them end up treating them like feathered mammals -and the people on the net that give the wrong advice don't help, either!

I can read my birds most of the time andt the only reason why this is so is because I've had most of them for years - but this doesn't mean they are completely transparent to me as my dogs and cats are! With them, it's a sure thing while, with the newer parrots, I have to observe them closely for days at a time and think about things very carefully just to get a sort of a 'running start' if you know what I mean. And I have years of experience with lots of birds! So I can well imagine how hard it is for people who have no real experience.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:03 pm

I'm really patient with a new ones unless there's something medically that needs to be addressed right away. Boy this heat here is making it hard to transition these newbys around. I've resorted to giant swamp coolers and misters on top of the shade cloth but I still bring them by 1:00 or so. They love the heat because I'm always spraying them down and now it's fun time. The macaws are together now , nothing sagnifacant showed up in his blood work except deficinacies and the sinus infection which I was addressing anyway. Boy talk about a third wheel , my macaw is almost dangerous when I show my face when the other bird is around a now Mathew the new one is chasing me out of the room. I'm going to have to rethink this situation could be dangerous if I wasn't on my toes. There both as sweet as pie when there separated but together a 10 ton bulldozer, and I'm having to get pretty crafty when it's time for bed. They either want me out of there buisiness or are trying to keep me away from one another either way it's not good. The other birds stay away from them and hang with me in the front of the house. They haven't showed any sign of aggression to the others and that's good because I will draw the line right there and make other arrangements. Well better see what the 2 big monsters are up too . BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:41 am

If they are 'ganging up' on you, it's possible they are trying to bond with each other -which would be a GREAT thing, right?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Tales