Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Budgie hunched over

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Budgie hunched over

Postby ice_elizy » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:27 pm

Hi everyone! My budgie is two years old, almost three, and while he’s still playful, eats, drinks, and bites (like a normal budgie would), before he sleeps, he talks and seems a little hunched over. Then he tucks his head into his back feathers. Is that normal? I’m not sure if he did it when he was one. He’s been doing it for the past year for as long as I remember, but even in that position, he likes to chew on his toys
ice_elizy
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: A budgie and a cockatiel
Flight: Yes

Re: Budgie hunched over

Postby Pajarita » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:42 am

Hi, Ice and budgie, welcome to the forum. Yes, it's normal for them to tuck their beak into their backs (some species do it under a wing) but, for the life of me, I can't figure out how he manages to chew on his toys with his beak tucked into his feathers :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to General Parrot Care