Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

should i or should i not ???

Discuss indoor freeflight and managing freeflighted birds around the house. How to live with a flighted parrot.

should i or should i not ???

Postby katie » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:44 pm

I have had my senegal 4 a week or so now and i can not make up my mind 2 clip her wings i normaly keep my cockatiels wings cliped but i desided to not cip them any more but im woried about her flying if she gets out of my room there is a lot of dangerous things she could face including preadotors i think it would be best right now to have them cliped but im not sure ????? :cockatiel: :senegal:
katie
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: senegal, 2 cockatiels
Flight: Yes

Re: should i or should i not ???

Postby kimbo » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:04 pm

there are pros and cons to both flighted and clipped. you know your bird and whether its safer to clip or not. i had my :senegal: clipped for safety reasons, he kept flying at the light , and hes just as happy clipped. he judges distances that he can get to and if he wants to go further he lets us know. he also steps up easier as he knows he needs us more. not keeping him clipped though, as soon as he is trained im letting him fly. just my opion and i am a parrot begginer.
kimbo
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: one baby senegal
Flight: No

Re: should i or should i not ???

Postby katie » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:41 pm

ok i just worry about her cause she is in a new house and some times she flies on 2 the cockatiel cage and i worry that she might try 2 bite one of my other birds so i dont know :cockatiel: :senegal:
katie
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: senegal, 2 cockatiels
Flight: Yes

Return to Indoor Freeflight