Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Funny things your parrot says

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Re: Funny things your parrot says

Postby rachaelslp » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:25 pm

Harpmaker wrote:Corsair makes a sound like Bugs Bunny makes before he says "What's up, Doc?" Since that makes me laugh, she now follows it with my laugh in a monotone. Creepy. But she looks sooo pleased with herself when she opens her mouth and bobs her head.

You know a bird has good taste when they quote Bugs Bunny!! :lol:
rachaelslp
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: I am owned by a parakeet and a congo african grey
Flight: No

Postby ParrotsForLife » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:39 pm

Today my sister said there no apple juice left and Tiko said Apple What lol it was so funny.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:02 am

I was sharing my spaghetti with Myrtle last night. She finished hers and came after mine. I asked her if she wanted more. She said "more". I don't know if she knew what she said or she was giving back the last word I said in hopes she would get what she wanted.
Myrtle has her own place setting at the end of the dining room table.
Aunt Betty really does not like birds but she has been adding to Myrtle's plate too.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Chantilly » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:09 am

The funniest thing Tilly uses words for is to act innocent
She will bite me than say 'Good girl?' as a question/not the way I say it which I find amazing... And she will do a trick correctly and say 'good' right before me. if she is scared she will say 'Its ok, its ok.' which is adorable
Her list of words whe has learned.
-Good [on its own or along with one of the following (birdie, girl, Tilly)]
-Goodmorning [on its own or along with one of the following (Tilly, Till Till)]
-Pretty (birdie, girl)
-Its ok
-Tilly's a pretty little girl
-Silly Tilly
-(reverse wolf whistle

I am amazed at her volcabulary, I mean its mumbled, of course, but she has leant so much and she can say a few of the words clear as water.

Edit: I just remembered that she sometimes also says 'your pretty' (she does it in the morning) and also says 'kiss' allong with a kissy noise... And 'do poo' but it is more like just do-a-po :D :shock:
Last edited by Chantilly on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Postby Pajarita » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:29 pm

Are you sure it's a female and not a male?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Chantilly » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:32 pm

No, but she did act for a female for a long while... wanting to be with dad and my brother. But now she is mature she has picked me, It took allot of time for me to win her over though lol. I think she only picked me though because I do training with her(she looks foward tontraining like it is the most fun thing ever, aside from baths) and let her chill on me the most, but she likes my brother too. Do you think that she would be a boy based on her volcabulary? Allot of her words revolve around 'good'.
I keep saying 'she' 'her' haha...
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Postby mrbowlerhat » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:38 pm

Nicko pronounces his name differently in different situations. If there's something going on where he can't see it but he can hear it a lot (like when people are outside the door or window or when I wake up in the morning and start listening to music or talking on the phone; I cover his cage at night because he wants to, he will cry like a baby until I do every night) he always pronounces his name more like like "wricko" than Nicko.
When he's in a cheerful mood, he'll always repeat his name three times, and when he's cuddling with me he'll sometimes call himself just "Nick", sometimes followed by a tiny, tiny "oh". So cute.
mrbowlerhat
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegals, Indian Ringnecks, Cockatiels

Postby JessiMuse » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:27 am

My parents used to have a poodle named Berbank. He was a tiny little teacup poodle, stubborn and wouldn't really listen to anybody. He didn't come unless you said: "Come here Berbank, RIGHT now!"

Well, Berbank liked to harass Dudley by jumping around his cage. So Dudley learned to say "Come here Berbank, RIGHT now!". Berbank would stop jumping, stick his nose through the bars, and Dudley would proceed to peck at him. This was a repeated routine. Berbank never learned to not stick his nose in, and in the end, Dudley always got the upper hand, being able to easily outsmart berbank (poodles are supposed to be smart, too).

At one point, my mom had to give Berbank to somebody else. Since he left, no one has ever heard him say that phrase ever since.

However, another thing Dudley does that I find pretty humorous, is how he laughs. It's not the laugh itself that I find funny, but how he uses it. He always uses it when someone either says something funny (mainly my dad), or when they make a mistake. I have no idea how he can tell when we make mistakes when we do so much as mention them, but he'll even be the first one laughing. Parrots must have to some extant, a sense of humor, because Dudley seems to express amusement to our mishaps.

He'll also make a kiss sound whenever people hug. This was started a long time ago, when my mom would make fun of Dudley for not being able to make a kissing sound due to "no lips". Well, one day when my mom and dad hugged, he made the noise. Now he makes the sound when two people hug. He definitely doesn't seem afraid to show off his intelligence.
JessiMuse
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Pionus, Cockatiel, dove, mannikin finch

Postby liz » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:39 am

Myrtle ad Rambo seem to understand anything I say. Rambo and I used to have little conversations. He would talk about nothing all day long. Myrtle can talk but she likes to talk so much that she has nothing to say and just "baby blabbers". Now Rambo just talks when he has something to say.
Before Myrtle I heard Rambo say "c'mere Riddick c'mere". This went on for a while some times with a whistle and than a "c'mere boy". Rambo was sitting in the window yelling at Riddick in the yard. He had never said Riddick before and I don't know why he was calling him then. Talking to Riddick is common now. I still don't know why he singled Riddick out.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:42 pm

The name is easy for him to pronounce -they like the RRRRR sound a lot, amazons do.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

PreviousNext

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations