Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Funny things your parrot says

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Re: Funny things your parrot says

Postby shiraartain » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:43 pm

Fajr has picked up "pappa do" which means "gimme kiss" (which he already says) and "paani chayye?", which means Want water? He's a very bilingual bird. I make a kissing noise whenever he says pappa do. He seems to enjoy it, considering he keeps saying it.

Whenever there's an argument or debate, the birds will start chattering along and becoming more agitated. I hope Lemon will start talking, ringnecks have the cutest voices.
shiraartain
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure, Quaker, Ringneck
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:14 pm

:lol: Yes, they do! And some of them become quite upset. My amazons would start babbling real loud but my CAG gets very upset when my husband and I argue (which, unfortunately, we do quite often :? )
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby BeatriceC » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:18 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have teenage boys. There are arguments. Goofy gets pretty loud when one is going on. He doesn't say much, so this is another time when he says at top volume "Hi, Goofy, Hiiiii". There hasn't been an argument since Leo came home, so I don't know about him yet. Cookie does get a little chirpier if the household noise level increases, but he's pretty quiet these days. Old-man-itis is settling in fast with him. :(
BeatriceC
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Nape Amazon, Senegal, Cockatiel
Flight: No

your parrot says

Postby liz » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:41 am

:lol: My household is quite loud. When there is an argument Myrtle seems to think she has input. She does not use real words but does her baby blabber to keep up with us. She usually stops the argument because we can't argue and laugh at the same time.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Re: your parrot says

Postby Chantilly » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:21 am

liz wrote::lol: My household is quite loud. When there is an argument Myrtle seems to think she has input. She does not use real words but does her baby blabber to keep up with us. She usually stops the argument because we can't argue and laugh at the same time.

Haha yes!

The funniest thing I thing is that (i think) they try to scream when someone is on the phone, It happens too often to be a coincidense!
When Shrek get a scratch, she purrs like a cat while mumbling Shre-shre-shreeeek -scra-scrachhh :lol:
She also does what seems to be a horse 'purring'... I think her old owner must of had cats :lol:
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Postby liz » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:15 am

Myrtle came from a bad home that did not have cats. She purrs often. It may be a built in response.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby liz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:41 am

I really hat when I am trying to tell Aunt Betty something and she dismisses me with an "oh well".
I pointed my finger at Myrtle and was trying to tell her something when she came out with an "oh well".

Rambo was on the floor getting under foot and got stepped on. Rachel told him to get off the floor before he got hurt. He said "well pick this boy up".
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby liz » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:38 am

I know I have told this before but for the new members I will repeat it.

The house was quiet early one morning and every one was still asleep. Rambo woke up and was not please with the silence. He walked down the hall a stood between Momma's and Aunt Betty's room and started yell into the rooms "WAKE UP WAKE UP" and " ARE YOU UP?" while turning his face to each room. That was the end of my quiet time.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby shiraartain » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:11 pm

My parents spend a lot of time with Fajr, so he is becoming more bilingual by the day. Today I was in my room and realized he was talking in urdu. He calls my dad by the nickname, "Mitthu", which is what my dad calls Fajr as a pet name.

"Mitthu kahan hain?" (we ask him that whenever he starts saying "Mitthu!" after hearing the garage open.)

"Mitthu pappa do. MmmmWAH! MmmmWAH!"

Translated:

"Where's mitthu?"
"Give me a kiss. MmmmmWAH! MmmmmWAH!"

He was willing to talk back and forth with me until I pulled the camera out, at which point he shushed until I put it away.
Then he decided he was done and made a noise which I've always assumed is a garbled green cheek noise, but today realized was him saying "Maryam", one of my sisters' name.

He also has the habit of walking over to the door when he wants to leave, and saying "Come here" in both English and Urdu....guess he's making sure he's getting his point across :P.

The other day, Chika was calling for our mom from the room the birds are kept in. She was being lazy instead of going to where our mom was. Clover started calling our mom along with her. So there were two pairs of voices going,

"Ammmaaaaaaa!"
shiraartain
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure, Quaker, Ringneck

Postby Wolf » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:30 am

Absolutely wonderful !
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6