Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

What parrot is right for me?

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Re: What parrot is right for me?

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:47 pm

Wolf wrote:If that was supposed to be a link to flight suits for budgies it did not work.

It wasn't a link lol i don't even know how to make a link using words.You can get flight suits for all parrots.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Postby Wolf » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:32 am

I really don't know about that which is why I keep looking for a link from you for these budgie sized flight suits, since I have not found them.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby kyrubas » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:33 pm

Wolf, this may have been what ParrotsForLife was referring to. http://www.flightquarters.com/bird-diapers/size-chart.html
kyrubas
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Sun Conure, Jenday Conure

Postby Wolf » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:24 am

Thank you kyrubas. I went to the site and saw the chart and it says that they make flight suits in sizes that are supposed to fit even parrotlets. Then when I try to check out the flight suits I can't find the flight suit, frustrating site to try and use. It did say that not all sizes are available, but I could not find out which sizes were available.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Sun May 01, 2016 11:23 am

Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby owlyssa » Sat May 07, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi, Emma! I'm Alyssa. Nice to meet you. *waves* :senegal:

I can't really vouch for budgies, but I was blessed enough to own a Cinnamon Pearl Cockatiel for about 12 years. Jeter was the sweetest bird (at least towards me--I never was able to socialize her properly, so she was very much a one-person 'tiel) and was very interested in spending time with me as I went about my day. She always loved tearing at my notebook paper whenever we sat down to get some schoolwork done. :P

I would say check some cockatiels out and see if any "speak" to you. Best of luck in your searches!
owlyssa
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot - Kona
Flight: No

Postby Navre » Sun May 08, 2016 7:19 am

There is a huge size variation from budgie to budgie. My Greencheek conure has a harness and she is only about 68 grams. Some of the larger, English show budgies are bigger than that.

Of course, having a harness and using a harness are different things. I still have running shoes, for example...
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Sun May 08, 2016 11:03 am

:lol: I hear you, John! I also have running shoes as well as exercise machines and even all different kinds of weights...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Previous

Return to Parrot Species