Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Struggling

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

Struggling

Postby anitajohn2000 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:01 pm

Hi I am new here. I bought a Crimson Rosella and ringneck nearly 10 months ago. I still haven't managed to tame them. Rosella is flying about in the house and wouldn't even get into the cage and Ringneck just stays in the cage all the time.
I am thinking of selling them. Can anyone give a good new home.
anitajohn2000
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rosella and Indian Ringneck
Flight: Yes

Re: Struggling

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:34 am

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry you are having difficulties with your birds. We might be able to help you but need more info? Were these birds adopted as adults or bought as babies? Were they handfed or parent-raised? If parent-raised and adopted, are they ex-breeders? Did they both come from the same household? What are their diets, light schedule and normal routine? Because I have to tell you that, after 10 months, there should have been quite an improvement in their behavior even if we are talking about 'worst case scenario' which would be if you were dealing with birds that are years old, parent-raised and ex-breeders.

If you are 100% decided not to keep on trying and really want to rehome them, please let us know where you are located.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Taming & Basic Training