Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Fischer's lovebird day 1

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

Re: Fischer's lovebird day 1

Postby od94 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:23 pm

I am not loosing hope but I believe that Mac will never bond.. I don't know what happened but he is refusing every kind of communication,he barely accepts to get on my finger and will do so after trying to escape from my hand many time,and will "up" only when he is on the floor and need help to go back up to his cage.He also barely eats from my hand he usually panic..
What the hell did happened to this bird I don't know.. Blu yeah I understand that it needs time and I respect that.. but everything was going great until one day his mood entirely changed and he is refusing me completely.. That's unfortunate
od94
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Fischler's lovebirds
Flight: No

Postby liz » Tue May 19, 2015 4:08 pm

Your bird is not wild and need tamed. It is scared and needs reassured.

He is trying to call the outside birds in to visit. If you had 2 they would have a regular conversation without the yelling.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby od94 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Mac has been rehoused today I found him a new home with a single lovebird. I will keep an eye on how he will be doing.. unfortunately
od94
Cockatiel

Postby liz » Wed May 20, 2015 4:13 pm

So sorry to hear that.
I had to rehome a Lovie when his buddy died. He wanted to join the cockatiel flock but he was too aggressive for them.
I still miss mine. :swaying:
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Thu May 21, 2015 11:36 am

od94 wrote:Mac has been rehoused today I found him a new home with a single lovebird. I will keep an eye on how he will be doing.. unfortunately

Well, I hope it works out but you can't put two females together so putting two lovebirds together without knowing the genders is dangerous.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby od94 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:18 pm

Till now they are doing great together! :) I told my friend to be careful if he sees them fighting
Thank you for your advice! :)

By the way I got a cockatiel,tamed more than 1 year old,I believe he has some bitting problems,but he is not bitting hard and I can more or less control it. But he quickly learned today the up command and trust me he can spend 10min on my hand with no problem..
Such easy birds cockatiel! I will open a new post for posting all about him! :greycockatiel:
od94
Cockatiel

Previous

Return to Taming & Basic Training